Released on March 6, 2007, Burnout: Dominator was released in between Burnout Revenge and Burnout Paradise, and serves as a stopgap release that compiles some content and ideas from the previous Burnout games and compiles it into a new release. Developed by EA's UK branch, this is one of the very few installments that have been developed outside of Criterion Games, the series' originator.
Players compete in a World Tour divided into seven series based on different car classes, Classic, Factory, Tuned, Hot Rod, Super, Race Specials, and Dominator. From here you can race in several different challenges such as the Classic Race, Road Rage, Eliminator, Maniac Mode (driving very dangerously at oncoming traffic, doing jumps and getting near misses, all for more points), Drift Challenge, Near Miss Challenge, and others.
Compared to its predecessor in the franchise, Burnout Revenge, Dominator has some significant differences. First of all, the ability to traffic check same way traffic isn't present, but burnouts (the ability to chain together the boost meter for non-stop turbo speed) are back in. Also, there is no crash mode.
Burnout Dominator has about 36 cars (each Series from Classic, Factory, Tuner, Hotrod, Super, and Race has 5 cars each, the Dominator class has about 1 car from each Series) and most of the cars are based on real life vehicles. The game has the second highest amount of returning vehicles including the Custom Coupe Ultimate from Burnout 2, the Euro Circuit Racer from Burnout 3 and the Low Rider from Burnout Revenge.
- Drift Classic
- Classic Muscle
- American Classic
- Euro Classic
- Burnout Classic
- Factory Sports
- Limited ST
- J Coupe
- Factory Muscle
- American Drifter
- Works M-Type (Burnout Dominator)
- Tuned Sports (Burnout Dominator)
- Custom Coupe Ultimate (Burnout Dominator)
- Tuned Muscle (Burnout Dominator)
- Tuned Drifter
- Blue Lightning
- Street Dodger
- Custom Hot Rod
- Street Rod
- Royal X3
- Works GT
- American Super
- Super Muscle
- Euro Super
Race Specials Series
- Oval Racer (Burnout Dominator)
- World Circuit Racer (Burnout Dominator)
- Euro Circuit Racer (Burnout Dominator)
- Euro Classic LM (Burnout Dominator)
- US Circuit Racer (Burnout Dominator)
- Low Rider (Burnout Dominator)
- Factory GT (Burnout Dominator)
- Super Coupe
- Super Prototype (Burnout Dominator)
- GT Racer
Most common events in Dominator but all together there 11 events.
- Race - Race around the track against rivals to the Finish Line.
- Road Rage - Takedown as much of opponents as fast as possible under a limited amount of time.
- Eliminator - The driver who in last place has 30 seconds to escape being last or else their eliminated from the race
- Burning Lap - Single lap Time Trail
- Maniac Mode - Perform dangerous stunts along a track to earn as many points.
- Drift Challenge - Drift around corners to add points to your score.
- Near Miss Challenge - Earn as many Near Misses by dodging traffic cars as possible before times runs out.
- Burnout Challenge - Perform as many Burnouts Chain as possible before the times run out or passing the finish line.
All race tracks in Burnout Dominator.
- Tuscany (Europe) : Tuscan Hills & Tuscan View - Florence/Aria/Tuscany
- Autobahn (Europe) : Autobahn & Autobahn Loop - Wuppertal/Berlin/Frankfurt
- Bushido Mountain (Far East) : Bushido Peak & Bushido Valley - Osaka/Kyoto/Himeji
- Spiritual City (Far East) : Spiritual Gate & Spiritual Towers - Kuala Lumpur
- Ocean Drive (USA) : Ocean Drive - Carmel/ Monterey/Big Sur
- Steel Town (USA) : Steel Town Works - Pittsburgh
- Glacier Falls (USA) : Glacier Falls - Rocky Mountain National Park/Boulder, Colorado
- Black Gold (USA) : Black Gold Highway - Houston
With it's built in wifi capabilities, this allowed EA to put out two downloadable tracks exclusive to the PSP version of the game. However the servers have been closed and it is therefore no longer possible to download these tracks.
- Carnival City (South America) : Carnival Point - Rio de Janeiro
- Red Gate (Eastern EU) : Red Gate - Moscow, Russia
There 33 licensed songs, including a theme song from Burnout 2: Point of Impact in the opening menu.
|"Nine"||¡Forward, Russia!||Give Me a Wall|
|"Would"||Alice in Chains||Dirt|
|"It Doesn't Seem to Matter"||Army of Anyone||Army of Anyone|
|"Going Through Changes"||Army of Me||Citizen|
|"Girlfriend"||Avril Lavigne||The Best Damn Thing|
|"The Archers Bows Have Broken"||Brand New||The Devil and God are Raging Against Me|
|"Fight Music for the Fight"||Bromheads Jacket||Dits from the Commuter Delt|
|"Long Way Out"||Dead Identities||Music from the Waiting Room|
|"S.O.S."||Earl Greyhound||Soft Targets|
|"Hey Man, Nice Shot (Big Mac Mix)"||Filter||Short Bus|
|"Give Up?"||Hot Hot Heat||Happiness Ltd.|
|"Stop!"||Jane's Addiction||Ritual de lo Habitual|
|"My Curse"||Killswitch Engage||As Daylight Dies|
|"Us v. Them"||LCD Soundsystem||Sound of Silver|
|"Haircuts and T-Shirts"||Lifetime||Lifetome|
|"Beautiful Ruin"||Make Good Your Escape||The Beautiful Ruin EP|
|"Block Out the World"||Maxeen||Hello Echo (Tour Edition)|
|"Rock Star (Jason Nevins Remix)"||N.E.R.D.||In Search Of..|
|"Calling all Cars"||Senses Fail||Still Searching|
|"Burning the Lives"||Shadows Fall||Threads of Lift|
|"Le Disko"||Shiny Toy Guns||We Are Pilots|
|"It Goes Off"||Skybombers||The Sirens EP|
|"Dead Living"||Sugercult||Lights Out|
|"Through These Eyes"||The Confession||Requiem|
|"Chelsea Dagger"||The Fratellis||Costello Music|
|"One Step Ahead"||The Have||The Have EP|
|"Red Orange Yellow"||The Photo Atlas||No, Not Me, Never|
|"Glitter Hits (J.J. Puig Mix)"||The Styles||You Love The Styles|
|"Freya"||The Sword||Age of Winters|
|"Anthem (We are the Fire)"||Trivium||The Crusade|
|"Lost Angeles"||Wired All Wroung||Break out the Battle Tapes|
PS Vita Compatibility
Despite not being in the official compatibility list, Burnout Dominator can be played on the PS Vita. To do this, the user must first download the game to the PS3. From there, go to Content Transfer on the PS Vita and select the game for transfer. Once complete, the game will show up on the Vita's menu.