Overkill's The Walking Dead was a horror first-person shooter developed by Overkill and published digitally by Starbreeze for the PC (via Steam) on November 6, 2018. Due to licensing issues and poor reception, it was later de-listed on February 26, 2019. There is currently no way to purchase it.
Set in the same universe as Robert Kirkman's comic book series The Walking Dead, Overkill's The Walking Dead featured objective-based co-operative multiplayer gameplay in similar vein to the studio's earlier Payday series. Up to four players navigate Washington, D.C. as survivors (each with their own unique skills and abilities) during the zombie apocalypse.
Although the game was in development for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, both ports were later cancelled due to the PC version's poor reception.
- Heather (Scout) - After completing the episode "Home Sweet Home", she is replaced by Reina (who has all of her skills and abilities).
- Aidan (Tank)
- Grant (Tactician)
- Maya (Support)
- Bridger (Tactician) - Unlockable.
Each mission in the game is played in sequential "episodes", similar to a television series.
- The First Shot
- Hell Or High Water
- Worse Than Walkers
- Listening In
- Open Season
- Home Sweet Home
- Last Stop
- Doctor's Orders
- At The Gates
- Join Or Die
- No Sanctuary (added on November 29, 2018)
- On The Run (added on December 20, 2018)
- Enemy Of My Enemy (added on January 31, 2019)