Forza Motorsport 5 is developed by Turn 10 Studios for the Xbox One and is the fifth installment in the Forza Motorsport franchise. Built on a brand new engine, Forza takes advantage of Microsoft's new console with native 1080p resolution and a crisp 60 frames per second. With hundreds of cars, every car will have it's own customized career..
Forza uses "Drivatars" - a cloud powered technology that tracks you and your friend's driving style. Even when your friends are not not playing, their Drivatars will simulate their perfections and imperfections on the track.
Forza Motorsport 5 plays very similarly to past Forza iterations. A player can fiddle with racing settings to suit their play style, turn off racing lines, brake assist, etc. Different cars can be obtained by completing races and earning credits.
Every car in the game is viewable in Forza's signature Forzavista, including all DLC cars. In Forzavista a player can move in, out, and inspect every inch of their favorite vehicle. Here the car is rendered in a photo realistic manner.
Kinect head tracking will be supported in Forza 5. When in cockpit view a player can turn their head sideways and look at their side mirrors, for that realistic immersion.
Force Feedback Triggers
Forza Motorsport 5 will support the Xbox One controller's rumble triggers, when driving on rough terrains the controller's triggers will rumble.
Each track is laser scanned to capture every detail.
- Road Atlanta
- Road America (Added on February 18, 2014)
- Test Track Airfield
- Top Gear Test Track
- Yas Marina
- Laguna Seca
- Mount Panorama
- Le Mans
- Bernese Alps
- Long Beach (Added on April 10, 2014)
- Nurburgring (Added on June 9, 2014)
Forza Motorsport 5's "car pass" or better known as season pass which give players access to a total of 6 car packs, each pack containing 10 cars including the LaFerrari Car Pack that will be released at launch. In May 2014, Turn 10 announced that the Car Pass would be extended to July, giving access to two more monthly car packs for free.
All Car Packs Released Thus Far
- IGN Car Pack (Released Jan 7, 2014)
- The Smoking Tire Car Pack (Released Feb 4, 2014)
- Honda Legends Car Pack (Released Feb 4, 2014)
- Road America Booster Pack (Released Feb 18, 2014)
- Alpinestar Car Pack (Released March 4, 2014)
- Top Gear Car Pack (Released April 1, 2014)
- Long Beach Booster Pack (Released April 10, 2014)
- Meguiar's Car Pack (Released May 6, 2014)
- Bondurant Car Pack (Released May 30, 2014)
- Nurburgring Booster Pack (Released June 9, 2014)
Top Gear Exclusive Content
Forza includes exclusive content from the world's biggest automobile TV show.
- Stig's Digital Cousin - Unique car challenges, the Top Gear test track, commentary from TV show host Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May.
Day One Edition
Along with Dead Rising 3 and RYSE: Son of Rome, Forza 5 is participating in the Day One Edition program. Player will receive the Day One car pack
- Day 1 Car Pack - Three Cars from Lamborghini, Ford, and Audi. Each include a special Day One themed livery and a custom tuning package created by Turn 10.
- 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe
- 2013 Ford Focus ST
- 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
LE will include a VIP Membership and a "Forza Motorsport 5" Limited Edition car pack, this includes five cars. A VIP membership will give players access to exclusive multiplayer events, in game car badges, in game gifts from the Forza team and 2x player reward acceleration.
- 2011 Audi RS 3 Sportback
- 2012 Aston Martin Vanquish
- 2013 Ford M Shelby Mustang GT500
- 2013 McLaren P1
- 2013 SRT Viper GTS
- 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
- 1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird
- 1991 Mazda #55 787B
- 2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor
- 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
Forza 5 Paddock Edition [Limited to 3,000]
Does Not Include Game, Includes
- Forza Motorsport Premium Hoodie
- Matte Black Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- Forza Motosport Stem Caps
- Forza Motosport Keychain
- Forza Motosport x SPY Optics Sunglasses