The player controls a vehicle with guns, or other weapons attached to them. They use said car and weapons to mow down hordes of zombies. The car is viewed from a top down perspective, similar to Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for DS and PSP. The game also supports nVidia PhysX, which improves the physics in the game (not required to play it).
The game was re-released as Zombie Driver HD on October 17, 2012 to XBLA and Steam platforms, with PSN and Android versions forthcoming. The new version now includes 31 missions and new objectives, vehicles and enemies.
- A story made up of 17 chapters each featuring main objectives and secondary objectives. Completing secondary objectives unlock new cars and upgrades.
- A large, open city full of zombies.
7 different cars: Taxi, limo, sports car, police, ambulance, bus and a super car.
- 9 upgrades for each car for the car's armor, ramming and speed stats.
- All weapons have 3 tiers which come with unique features.
- Dynamic combo system with tricks and hordes of zombies to try it on.
- Many vicious zombie types including zombie dogs and exploding zombies.
A new 'Slaughter' game mode added as an update with Patch v1.1.1. It is a survival mode featuring five areas and online leaderboards.
A new free mode called Blood Race added during steams midweek madness on November 19th 2010 as part of the latest patch. Includes tournament and single race options. In tournament you compete in multi stage cup races against increasingly more challenging ai. Tracks come in elimination, race and endurance varients. Race is pretty standard, elimination is based on highest kills while endurance involves bombs being strapped to your vehicle and you having to get at many points as possible before exploding while killing zombies and hitting check points.
|Track #||Song Title||Running Time|
|01||Red Plague (intro)||01.30|
|02||City of Destruction (main menu)||02.47|
|03||Breath of the Underworld||03.05|
|09||Dying Here (trailer edit)||01.36|
|10||City of Destruction (in-game edit)||03.38|
|11||Breath of the Underworld (alternate edit)||03.47|
|12||City of Destruction (trailer edit)||01.27|
|13||Escape from Hell (outro)||00.39|