Are you attractive? Seriously -- no seriously? Do you listen to such hyper-cool metal bands as Limozeen? Do you want to edit this page with your trusty Lappy 486? If you answered yes to any of the above, or simply enjoy off-beat cartoon humor, Telltale's newest adventure title might be for you. Chronicling the, um, adventures of the characters from the homestarrunner.com universe, the game is delivered in an episodic format similar to Telltale's Sam and Max series. Focusing on humor above all else, you'll visit such Free Country, USA locales as Strong Badia, Bubs' Concession Stand, and The Stick. The game features tried and true point-and-click adventuring with a mix of throwback minigames included. Missions are delivered through your emails on Strong Bad's Lappy 486.
Strong Bad starts his day as usual, waking from his slumber on the basement sofa, singing a jaunty tune, and then sitting in his favorite chair to check his email. It is then that Homestar Runner tells him that he is entering the Tri-Annual Race to the End of the Race. Upon hearing this, Strong Bad decides to enter the race himself to claim the win, albeit, by cheating of course. When this plan backfires, he ends up with Homestar as his unwanted house guest. Now Strong Bad has to figure out a way to restore Homestar’s reputation if he ever wants to have him out of his house.
- The sound made when Strong Bad picks up a collectible item (such as Teen Girl Squad comic piece) is the same as that in Reality 2.0 when Sam gets a new item.
- When you kick The Cheat into the dryer, one of the subtitles of what he is saying is "Wii?".
- The Paper is used during the game, rather than New Paper that Strong Bad upgraded to in his more recent cartoons.
- Strong Bad's fridge only contains a single jar of mayonnaise, which is also the only item that Dr. Jone's has in his fridge in the Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis game.
- When jumping into The King of Town's vent, Strong Bad says "Looks like I'm gonna have to jump", a catch phrase from the Dangeresque Homestar Runner cartoons.
- In the photo booth there is a clickable area to the top left of the camera. Clicking here turns the cursor into Max & Crossbones t-shirt from the Telltale store. However when applied to Strong Bad, the shirt is yellow and has a picture of a dog on it.
PC System Requirements:
- Operating system:
- Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
- 2.0 GHz (3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent rec.)
- Memory: 1GB
- Sound: DirectX 8.1 sound device Video:
- 128MB DirectX 8.1-compliant video card
- (256MB rec.) DirectX(TM): Version 9.0c or better