Mega Man Legends 2, released in 2000, is the second game in the Mega Man Legends (aka Rockman: DASH) series.
Von Bluecher sends out an invite to Barrell Caskett to board him upon his new airship, the Sulphur-Bottom. Bluecher and Caskett had landed on the Forbidden Island before, where the Mother Lode is said to be rested. Bluecher is determined to return to the Island.
Mega Man and Roll watch as the Sulphur-Bottom takes off. However, a mysterious woman, bearing a resemblance to Roll, riding a white Reaverbot appears shortly after take-off and tries to stop the ship from going to the Forbidden Island.
Roll is parentless due to her mother and father disappearing many years ago while trying to travel to the Forbidden Island. Mega Man and Roll take off to find Roll's parents, Barrell (trapped in the sinking Sulphur-Bottom), and discover much more than they bargained for.
Mega Man Legends 2 has added features in comparison to the first game. New features include:
- Mega Man can now move when locked onto an enemy.
- Mega Man can now swim underwater.
- Mega Man no longer has a shield attached to his life gauge.
- The game's menu is now opened with the "Select" button, rather than the "Start" button.
- Enemies can now strike element damage against Mega Man
- The Flutter is now in use from the get go, you get to explore many islands in this game.