SSX On Tour is the fourth game in the SSX Franchise and introduces skiing to the gameplay formula. Both snowboarding and skiing fundamentally control the same with the differentiating factor being the tricks. At the beginning of career mode, you are given the choice between playing a snowboarder or a skier, after which point you may not switch. The only way to switch between them is to make a new character with the specified style.
The GameCube release of the game features Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach as playable characters outside of career mode. Also featured is a Mario themed level and a remixed Super Mario Bros. song.
OverviewThe focus of On Tour remains the same from SSX 3. You earn boost by doing tricks and as you earn boost you unlock the ability to do Monster Tricks, which behave in much the same way as uber tricks from previous SSX games. You can still pick a character from the series, but On Tour features a Create-A-Character mode. Although this character will start the game with zero stats, while playing through the career mode, opportunities are presented to boost these stats. Completing events earns you "Hype", which serves to measure your progress through the game. There is no online multiplayer as the focus of this game was Single-player.
Although the game was generally well received by critics, claims were made that the series' gameplay was beginning to become stale.
GameplayEvents - These events are the main challenges. They range from races to freestyle events.
Shreds - These are unofficial challenges in the game that have greater variety than the regular events. Some range from escaping the ski-patrol to only staying on the snow for a set amount of time before reaching the end of the run.
- Avenged Sevenfold - " Bat Country"* (from the album City of Evil)
- Billy Talent - "Red Flag" (from Billy Talent II)
- Blackalicious - "Rhythm Sticks" (from The Craft)
- Bloc Party - " Banquet (song)" (from Silent Alarm)
- Bonobo - "Pick Up" (from Dial 'M' For Monkey)
- Bonobo - "Flutter" (from Dial 'M' For Monkey)
- Chali 2na feat. Beenie Man - "International" (from Fish Outta Water)
- C-Rayz Walz - "Street Reppin" (from Year Of The Beast)
- Death from Above 1979 - " Romantic Rights" (from You're a Woman, I'm a Machine)
- Def Leppard - " Let It Go" (from High 'n' Dry)
- Dio - "Stand Up and Shout" (from Holy Diver)
- Diplo - "Big Lost" (from Florida)
- Diplo feat. P.E.A.C.E. - "Indian Thick Jawns" (from Florida)
- Diva International - "Nothing to Do" (from Sold Down The River)
- DJ Spooky and Dave Lombardo feat. Chuck D - " B-Side Wins Again" (from Drums of Death)
- The Faint - "I Disappear" (from Wet from Birth)
- Fu Manchu - "I Can't Hear You" (from Start the Machine (album))
- Goldfinger - "My Everything" (from Disconnection Notice)
- The Hives - "No Pun Intended" (from Tyrannosaurus Hives)
- The Herbaliser feat. Roots Manuva - "Lord, Lord" (from Take London)
- The Herbaliser - "Gadget Funk" (from Take London)
- Hot Hot Heat - "Pickin' It Up" (from Elevator)
- Iron Maiden - " Run to the Hills" (from The Number of the Beast)
- Jurassic 5 - "Red Hot" (from Feedback)
- LCD Soundsystem - " Daft Punk Is Playing at My House" (from LCD Soundsystem)
- Louis XIV - "God Killed the Queen" (from The Best Little Secrets Are Kept)
- Maxïmo Park - "Apply Some Pressure" (from A Certain Trigger)
- Morningwood - "Nü Rock" (from Morningwood)
- Motörhead - " Overkill" (from Overkill)
- Nine Black Alps - "Shot Down" (from Everything Is)
- OK Go - " Here It Goes Again" (from Oh No)
- Paul Wall feat. Big Pokey - " Sittin' Sidewayz" (from The Peoples Champ)
- Pennywise - "Competition Song" (from The Fuse)
- The Perceptionists - "People 4 Prez" (from Black Dialogue)
- Queens of the Stone Age - "Medication" (from Lullabies to Paralyze)
- Rock n Roll Soldiers - "Flag Song" (from The Two EPs)
- Scorpions - "Dynamite" (from Blackout)
- Sweatshop Union - "Come Back" (from United We Fall)
- Vatican DC - "Antisocial" (from We Carnival)
- We Are Scientists - "Lousy Reputation" (from With Love and Squalor)
- Z-Trip feat. Whipper Whip - "All About the Music" (from Shifting Gears)